oemof addresses current and future challenges in energy system modelling by being
- Flexible and generic – Create applications and adapt components to your scope and purpose.
- Cross-Sectoral – Include and link the heat, power and mobility sector.
- Multiregional – Flexibly connect multiple regions.
- Time-step-flexible – Choose the temporal resolution best suited for your application.
- Modular – Choose from various python packages (libraries) with well defined interfaces for modelling and optimisation.
- Open – Help to add new features.
- Transparent – Find information you need in our documentation.
- Community driven – Participate in the development process.